|Happy New Year!|
Last Minute New Year DressI wish you all an happy and healthy New Year in 2015! With enough time to sew!! :D
I have sewn a dress for my Daughter, started sewing at 22h on Dec 30 and finished before lunch on the Dec 31rst! It is a super fast make for me. :D
I was so proud of my gorgeous little munchkins and received many compliments on my sewing. They were quite well behave too even with the lack of sleep and if they were so excited to play with their cousins!! I was proud of my sewing too, although my husband's uncle (a professional tailor) tactfully suggested that I buy a proper invisible zipper sewing machine feet! ;)
Here is what I did for future references:
- I copied the bodice of my daughter's white RTW dress (about size 6x-7).
- I added a lining for the bodice only (Tutorial by Dreaming of Avonlea)
- I made a full circle skirt for extra swirling fun (Calculator by By Hand London)
- I used an invisible Zipper (Tutorial by Coleterie) with double fold bias tape to wrap the cut end.
- I used double fold bias tape to finish the lining bottom edge.
- I tried a tiny hem for the circular skirt (Tutorial by Coleterie)
- I hand sewn a white fabric belt with a big front bow and a bow tie for her brother!
- Periwinkles and White Polyester "Peau de pêche" (satin?) (remnant from my bridesmaid's dresses)
- Lilac ultra cheap polyester lining (bought to sew an Halloween costume that I never made)
- White invisible zipper
- Navy double folded bias tape (remnant from my birthday dress)