I made more than 15 projects in 2013.
- My birthday dress (S1882 in blue floral) - I need to fix the broken zipper now!! I bought YKK zipper from now on...
- My poplin raspberry dress (S1882 muslin)
- Indigo Verso Top - pattern traced from a short sleeve RTW top I love and wear backward.
- My Granny panties from Vera Venus - I reach for it every time I wear a skirt or dress... I need more!
- Not sewn projects, but those are Hits for me in 2013 :
a) I was super happy to attend one and organize another Montreal Sewing Bloggers Meetup!
b) Also, I am proud of my directory of Montreal's Fabric Stores page. I think is it quite useful, even if only for myself!
- My burnout jersey kimono tee : the neckline sagged... I loved it so much, but I taught I could left the edge unfinished and it didn't live thru my laundry regiment of tossing everything in the machine!
- My yoke kimono tee ; the neck treatment (FOE, what was I thinking!) in uncomfortable to wear, too tight and stiff at the neckline. I am not sure how to save it...
- The other 4 panties I made in the Fantastic Underpants Experiment, because of the elastic choice...
- I am not sure about my Tiramisu dress, it is too casual for parties, the fabric piled (ponte, I should not use the washing machine!), the neckline has grown so it gap a little now... I should fix it as I still like it for everyday wear...
- Coletterie blog!
- My Feedly blog feeds...
- My facebook sewing group...
- JUST DO IT. I am always afraid to start a projects, ruin fabric, failure... I often end up not starting for fear of not having time to do it, but I should work in small increment. I only have short time to myself anyway.Also, I do not like cutting fabric. Maybe it is because I do not have a big enough table in my sewing room ; I need to set up the kitchen with the table extended at night and be done in one session, because we kinda need the table everyday!
- SKILLS : I need to work on my knits finishing techniques ; necklines and elastic choice/application. It is what cause my projects to fail.
- FOCUS : I need to close my computer to sew (and generally live!), else I wander aimlessly around the web at any time of the day...
Top Sewing Goals
- CAKE : I should sew more cake like my verso top and panties. (every day wearable!)
- SERGER : I want to learn to use my new serger!
I think the worst is my everyday battle with the youngest to put all winter gears on to go and get the oldest from school with the long walk there in -30oC weather (going with a stroller 20 min. Back with a walker, at least 30 min)...
In September, my youngest will start school and I will have to finish my master degree and do my thesis full time. So I will have more free time to sew probably only during the summer...
Top 2014 Goals
- LIFE : Live the present ; be 100% where I should. When with the kids, be devoted to them ; play more, laugh more, love more. Do the house stuff after bedtime. Do my studies during the 2 nights I have classes and one day during the weekend. Keep time aside to be with my husband and to be alone too.
- MIND : Stop sweating the small stuff. I need to find out how to calm down, breath, not worry. I am getting sick because of that. It needs to stop NOW.
- BODY : Move and sleep! I always feels better when I move my body, swim, run, dance, walk, play! I cannot live the present and stop worrying when I am exhausted, so I need to go to bed at 22h.