Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Space Saver Wallets Duo

 
My First Sewn Wallets

 

Strictly Essential Wallet

  • Simple, about 8 cards, zip closure, compact. 
  • Need to be able to slip this one in a pocket when going to the park...
  • I used this tutorial : Easy Zipper Pouch, by Dog Under the Carpet
  • I wrote my name on it, just because my machine can! 
  • One side is not as pretty, but I will not redo it for now since those wallets are in probation. I will wait to see if the fabrics is sturdy enough to survive my careless lifestyle...

Small Essentials and Too Many Cards Slim

Rebate/Membership Cards Wallet

  • For more about a dozen of cards, slim.
  • I used the tutorial : Lots of Cards Tall Wallet, by Nancy Couture
  • Next time, I will enlarge it by 1/4 to 1/2 to be able to apply a trim all around.
  • I would prefer if the cards overlapped more, being 1/2 inch apart instead of 1 inch.
  • I should add a zipper closure or elastic band parallel to the tall opening edge.
  • Make finding a card a breeze since you see them all!
  • For a more compact solution, I could have used this tutorial : 30 Cards Compact Zippered Wallet, by Craft Passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment